Story Three

Contribute to a story and see where it goes.

Story Three

Postby Jackie » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:07 pm

It was a day unlike any other. It all began when I awoke to the sound of ...
Jackie
Site Admin

Re: Story Three

Postby Batman » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:49 pm

...of the Dubliners. I went into the kitchen for breakfast like every day but this day was different. My kitchen did not look like it did the evening before. There were lots of curious electronic equipment and also a newspaper with the date. How could that be? Year 2064! Had I actually slept more than a half century!?! And why was U2 on the radio, are they still living? Immediataly I went into the bathroom in order to splash my face with cold water. But it didn't help. My house was still strange and mysterious. I decided to leave the house in order to see the rest of the world and everything that had changed...
Batman

Postby j8mt0416 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:26 pm

Nothing was how it was yesterday or whenever I had fallen asleep. New houses, new cars, new people. To make sure that I was really a part of this "new world” I decided to talk to the old man who was sitting in front of the house next to mine. I asked him the date and if he had seen me before but he said no. I told him that I was his neighbour and that I had been living in this street for more than fifteen years but again he answered me that he didn’t know me and that as long as he could remember he had never seen somebody leaving his neighbouring house – my house. By this moment the postman stopped in front of the old man's house and left his car. I ran to him, asking him if he knew the owner of the old man's neighbouring house. But he told me that he - also he had been responsible for this street for more than ten years - never had a letter for this house. At this moment I realised
j8mt0416

Postby Aileen Neumann » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:44 pm

that something was wrong. That was simply not possible. I was wondering all the time how this could happen. The postman and the old man must have been replaced by some extraterrestrial creatures I said to myself. However, I had to find out what had happened during the last years. I have a girlfriend, I remembered. Or maybe I had a girlfriend. I decided to visit her place. I went to the bus stop and waited for a bus to come. But no bus appeared. Instead, a flying object appeared that proved my assumption that maybe the world was no longer ruled by humans. I was shocked. A woman-like thing looked out of the flying object. I thought she wanted to attack me and so I cowered and screamed that she should leave me alone. Nothing happened. Slowly I took my hands away from eyes that I had tried to protect. There was no attack. A very friendly being got off and reached out her hand when I suddenly saw a second being.
Aileen Neumann

Postby Christian » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:25 pm

"What are you?", I asked. One moment later, I felt something pulling my shoulder backwards. Suddenly I woke up, staring at my girlfriend's face. "Everything okay?" she asked. Apparently something was wrong, but she didn't say a word. I looked at her for a couple of seconds longer and mumbled something like "What time is it? Is it even morning yet?" Still, she didn't say anything. I turned around to check the date and time. It was 4 o'clock in the morning on March 15th, 2010. Everything seemed to be normal so far. I couldn't sleep any longer, nor could I stay in the same room for a moment longer. While I was heading down the hall towards the kitchen, I started to remember the weird dream I was having earlier. "Where's Fred?" I asked her when I returned to the bedroom, "Where's the dog?" Again, she looked at me like I was a stranger to her. "You sure everything is okay, honey?" she questioned me again. "What's the matter? Where's our dog?" I wanted to know again. "We've never had a dog, honey!" she said calmly.
Christian

Return to Never Ending Stories