What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?

Answer a random question and check out the corrected version.

What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?

Postby Jackie » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:58 am

Post a reply below.
Jackie
Site Admin

Re: What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?

Postby HtoTheJ » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:40 am

I'm in South Africa again.
About 600 km away from Capetown there is a small town called Oudshourne. In that region they have ostriches like we have cows in Germany. The meat tastes very good, it can't be said brilliant, but it's not very spectacular; you can also get ostrich at ALDI in Germany.
But near Oudshourne there is a Wildlife Ranch. If you guess there are wild animals you are right. You can do several things there, for example you can hug a cheetah (that's not a monkey ;o)) .
HtoTheJ

Postby HtoTheJ » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:43 am

well, back to the topic.
In one of the restaurants at the ranch I had my first crocodile burger. It tasted brilliant, was very spicy and chewing it was like rubber.
The day after I ordered crocodile kabob at a normal restaurant; it was also very delicious.
HtoTheJ

Postby Carsten » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:34 pm

The weirdest thing I’ve ever eaten isn’t really weird but more painful. It was an artificial chilli sauce with an acidity of 600,000 Scoville. Normally I’m pretty much used to hot food because my mom likes to cook pretty hot and spicy and I share the preference for hot Asian food with her. But about three years ago when a friend asked me to try this sauce, I was already skeptical about this subject beacuse I had already heard about this Scovillescale but I couldn’t classify the acidity of 600,000 Scoville. So I just gave it a shot and tried a really tiny blob of the sauce with bread. I’ve seriously never tasted something that hot, even though I’ve tried different kinds of chili shells. Saliva was running all over in my mouth, I began sweating and my eyes were watering-up with tears. It probably took me half an hour to feel normal again. It’s not that I had unbelievable pain, but in consideration of the small amount of sauce I tried, I don’t want to know how it is to taste a normal portion of that stuff. When I read afterwards that a normal Tabasco sauce has only up to 5000 Scoville I realized what kind of sauce I tried that day.
Carsten

Return to Miscellaneous Questions