Simple Future Practice

Pick a verb tense you want to practice, post a reply, and check out the corrected version.

Simple Future Practice

Postby Jackie » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:50 pm

Future Simple

this tense is used to describe events that will take place in the future

It will probably rain tomorrow. If it rains, I will stay at home and read. But if it doesn't rain, maybe I will go for a bike ride. I don't know what else I will do.

subject + will + verb

Please note that the future simple is generally used with spontaneous decisions, predictions, and conditional constructions. In other situations, the going to future or present continuous is used.

Post a reply, predicting something in the future: for example, the world in 25 years, tomorrow's weather, the next election, etc.
Jackie
Site Admin

Re: Simple Future Practice

Postby pschwadorf » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:33 pm

Describing the perfect weekend.

A perfect weekend for me is going to involve a lot variety. The weekend will start with a meeting of my best friends and me. The location is not going to matter; it will be at a friend’s house, at my house, in the city or somewhere else. It will be fine if we have the choice to get something luscious to eat. In addition we will need a few interesting topics to talk about, so that we will not be bored. Those things will be enough for a Friday night.
On Saturday there is going to be a soccer match which I will attend. In the morning I will presumably have breakfast with my whole family. A bit of doing sports will not do damage. After winning the soccer game it is obvious that I am going to celebrate and I will have a party that night with some friends.
Sunday is going to be really calm and relaxing. Maybe I will find some time to read a book or I will just hang around.
pschwadorf

Return to Verb Tense Practice